Plans drawn for Planning Permission applications 


Kidderminster, Bromsgrove, Tenbury Wells, Redditch and North Worcestershire area


House and Building PlansPlanning Permission is needed for certain alterations, extensions and change of use of buildings and land. Some alterations and extensions do not require planning permission if they comply with the rules governing permitted development. We can check whether your scheme would be allowed under Permitted Development or if a planning application is required.

If you live in a Conservation Area, a National Park, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty,or if your property is a listed building you will need to apply for planning permission for certain types of work which do not need an application in other areas.


You should also be aware that your local planning authority may have removed some or all of your permitted development rights by issuing an Article 4 direction. This will mean that you have to submit a planning application for work which normally does not need one. In this case they do not normally charge you an Application Fee.



Cottage in Conservation area

Article 4 directions are made when the character of an area of acknowledged importance would be threatened. They are most common in conservation areas. You will probably know if your property is affected by such a direction, but we can check with the local planning department should you require this information.


You will need to apply for planning approval if the proposed works exceed the limitations of permitted development, such as the size of the extension, the height of the eaves, the ridge height, the percentage of the plot covered etc. whether single or two storey extension , side extension or rear extension .

To find our more visit our permitted development page  


Should your project require planning permission, a householder application needs to be submitted to your local planning department.Double storey extension This application will include detailed architectural drawings of both the existing property and the proposed alteration or extension, ordanance survey maps of your property and the surrounding area, application forms and an application fee of £206. Once your application has been deposited with the local planning authority and they have verified that the application is complete they will issue a decision within 8 weeks.

There are regulations and guidelines regarding overlooking, right to light and changes to the street scene which have to be taken into consideration. There are also rules concerning balconies, verhandas, new windows, solar panels, alterations to a roof, porches, fences, walls, gates, patios and driveways.


Ep Architecture Ltd can act as your agent and take care of the complete process. We liaise with the local authority throughout to ensure your application has the best chance of success.

EP Architecture Ltd  – John Allsop,46 Shrubbery Street, Kidderminster, Worcestershire, DY10 2QY – Tel -01562 630767